Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Triathlon Dad

Neil participated in the Labor Day sprint Triathlon at the Rec Center. He was awesome! I was so proud of him for being dedicated to this race. He got up with the sun every morning last month to train. He said this was a lot more fun to train for than just a foot race. Cross-training with biking and swimming was a lot gentler on his joints and kept him engaged.
Look at this starting line!

The race was so fun to watch! My sister and her husband also ran. Jesse's goal was to win, and he ended up third overall. Bekah's goal was to beat Neil. They were next to each other at the starting line and finished the swim neck-in-neck. However, Neil got ahead of her half way through the cycling and ended up finishing a few minutes before her. I think she was so brave to do the race at all!
 I wish I could say this was Neil. I actually thought it was Jesse and didn't realize until after taking it that this is a stranger. Way cool picture though!

Neil probably would have done better if I hadn't been overworking him on our landscaping projects all weekend. We had to get things finished up for Grace's birthday party, so he over-did it for having a race to do. Believe it or not, he recovered from it with a few zucchini muffins and a smoothie, and then we spent the rest of the day finishing our projects on the side of the house. Now it is all done! We can spend our Saturdays watching football now!

No comments: