Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Miscellaneous Update

The month of February has flown by for our family. We are getting closer and closer to the arrival of Baby #2 and the excitement is mounting. My Andersen sisters and some ladies in the Ward put on a really nice baby shower for me, where little Junior received LOTS of adorable clothes and accessories. He is going to be the best dressed baby boy on our street! My neighbor was thinking of Grace during the shower and gave her a little pink tutu. She liked it so much that she danced around in front of the mirror with it on, and she wore it all day long.

We had our Stake Conference last weekend where we were spiritually fed. We learned how we can have a stronger foundation of faith in Jesus Christ as we try to emulate Him more in our daily lives. What a principle that has been to try to implement. It is easy to do the right thing when the right thing is convenient. However, when our faith is tested and we face the hardships of life, it takes real courage to do what is right.
Now, to little Gracie. As I am getting bigger and bigger, Grace is getting busier and busier. One minute she is pulling all the contents of the bathroom drawer onto the floor and the next, she is running around the house with her babies and diaper bag saying, "bye, bye Mommie!." Whenever I look away for just a moment, I always find her into something else. Tonight I had just one exception. I was making dinner and it got really quiet (always a bad sign). I went into the play room dreading what I would find, but instead, she was kneeling down, reading a picture book and narrating the objects to herself in jibberish talk. What a good girl!
Grace had her 18-month check up today, and her stats are as follows:
Height: 34" (97th %ile)
Weight: 24.6# (50%ile)
Head circumference: ?
Below are some pictures/video of random things we did in February:
I took Grace and her second-cousin-once-removed to the Arizona Museum of Natural History. She got a kick out of all the dinosaurs, bones, and displays. This picture has to be included because it just blows my mind that I picked this out of my garden in mid February. The desert in the winter is not what I am used to, but I LOVE it!
Lastly, this video is an example of what happens when Daddy is in charge of playing with Grace while I am making dinner. These two have way too much fun together.

2 comments:

Chloe and Tyler said...

What a cute video. I can't believe you're already about to have #2, that went quick. We're so excited to be moving closer to you guys. I'm sure Kellen and Grace will be great friends.

jenn + michael said...

I want to see baby #2! When will he get here?