Grace cracks us up more and more every day.
For the last three days, putting her down for naps or bed time has been a breeze. I sing her a verse or two of "I am a child of God" and she sings along as I rock her. Once I lay her down and say "good night", she replies, "byyyyeeee" and falls fast asleep. I love it!!
Grace also gets a kick out of making us laugh. She can put on quite the show if we will just give her courtesy laughs to keep her going. Grace also knows how to give us courtesy laughs when we try to crack her up as well.
Neil captured this video of her at one especially humorous dinner time. Grace was making herself laugh by trying to recite the ABC's.
This next video is one that I caught just yesterday. Grace loves to play with the big mirror at the end of the hallway. I am always afraid she is going to knock it down and crush herself. From the other room, I heard her playing near it again, but when I rushed to find her, she was elegantly swinging her arms and twirling around in front of it. I grabbed the camera just in time to catch the last of her performance.
Every day brings a new memory with Gracie. She is keeping me on my toes when I would rather be laying on the couch during this home-stretch of my pregnancy with her little brother. She also makes Neil want to skip work for the day because she is so fun to play with. Just when I am getting frustrated by her streaming her toys through the whole house, pushing the computer's power button on and off, dumping the salt-shaker on the kitchen table, or pulling all of the rags and place-settings out of the kitchen drawer for the fourth time in one day, she raises her eyebrows at me and sings, "no, no, no, no, no" right back at me. I can't keep a straight face, so rather than giving her a lecture, I just have to hug her instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment