Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

The partying all started when the Reichert family arrived in Arizona. We spent time watching Christmas movies, eating lots of Christmas goodies, doing Christmas shopping, and suffering from a Christmastime flu bug. My mom and I were down and out for several days. Lucky for me, I was sick at a time when I had lots of help. Dad, Rebekah, and Neil had a blast keeping Gracie fed, diapered, and entertained while I was down. Snack time with Grandpa.
Helping Aunt Bekah wrap Christmas gifts.

Checking Bekah's blackberry for emails and evaluating Grandpa's glasses prescription.
Mom and I were feeling better by the time we left for the cabin on Christmas Eve. After our "humble supper" of soup and rolls, we all headed to the lodge to see a special visitor. Grace met Santa Claus there who gave her a toy.
 
Christmas day was hilarious to watch Grace open and play with her toys. She got a new bike, a wagon, lots of books, and a cute t-shirt from Uncle Spencer in the D.R. My parents spoiled us with lots of fun things. The highlights were a baby hiking carrier for Neil and maternity clothes for me. When I opened my stocking, I was surprised to see the owner's manual for a double stroller from Neil. What a guy! We had decided to give small, simple gifts to each other this year. Thus, I stayed within our spending limit by getting him a new electric shaver and a basketball pump. However (yet AGAIN) he outdid me and bought me a double stroller and a body pillow which has made my sleep oh so wonderful ever since. That's Neil for you, though. Always more concerned with others' happiness than his own. What a lucky lady I am.


Neil got this wild shirt from Spencer.


We went for a walk in the snow after breakfast to try out Neil's new toy.

We had left-overs for almost a week.
The rest of our time at the cabin was spent reading, playing games, playing with our new toys, and playing in the snow. Gracie went sledding for the first time and had her first taste of mountain snow. She didn't enjoy the sledding very much, but she was somewhat fascinated by all the white stuff.

Dad, Mom, and Neil did the bulk of the sledding. I was too afraid I would hit a bump and send myself into labor. Thus, I sat this one out.
All in all, we had a wonderful time with my family in Arizona. It was a pleasure to show them around Mesa and share the cabin with them. They took great care of us while they were here.

8 comments:

JT said...

Look like you guys had a great Christmas. I love watching Grace grow up through the blog but sure wish i could she her more.

Love you guys

Emily said...

Awww! Great pics! Love the one with you guys and the pillow. Miss you and love you guys lots!

Paula said...

Grace is adorable! She's got quite the collection of expressions :-). I love her curly hair. Becca's is curly, too, but not that much, it looks so fun.

Congrats on expecting another one, too. Good luck!

-Brian and Paula

Dan and Louise said...

Um, are you sure your pregnant? Even knowing that you are, I was looking at the pictures and thinking that you look totally normal. I couldn't even see a baby bump.
I'm glad you had a good time with your family. Hope this year is a good one for you guys!

whitney.evan said...

Grace is so adorable I can't believe how grown up she is! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!
Miss you!
Love-Whit

P.S. Can you add me to your blog with the email address mammaofchad@gmail.com? I rarely use the other one.

Becca LeSueur said...

Glad you guys had a good time at the cabin. Looks like Gracie enjoyed this Christmas. Love you both! And the pictures are great.

Clayton and Amber said...

Looks like a great Christmas! You have such a great family Megan! I'm glad they got to go to the Cabin with you. So much fun!! Gracie cracks me up. She is too cute!
Sorry you and your mom were sick! yuck!

Andrea said...

Oh look how big Gracie is getting! I love her curly poof!! She is so adorable.