Even when you are eight months pregnant and you think you can't do anything fun, birthdays are still a good time. My 23rd birthday was no exception this year. Neil took me to a restaurant at Thanksgiving Point for dinner. Afterwards, we strolled around the gardens and enjoyed our time relaxing together. Neil apologized for giving me such a laid-back birthday, but I really enjoyed the time we had. We did a little shopping that evening for the baby and returned home. I was expecting Neil might have a little something more up his sleeve for the evening, but I had no idea what was waiting for me at home. He said we were just going to get a movie from Redbox and he would make me icecream. However, when I walked inside I saw that there would be no movie that night. Our little apartment was filled with our family and friends, waiting to give me a surprise party! Come to find out, Neil had been secretly scheming the whole thing for days and was very careful to not let me know about it. He even sent my sister on a "mission impossible" to get a copy of our apartment key so she could let everyone inside before we got home.
The toddlers had fun playing with the baby's stuff in her room.
The best gift Neil could give me this year (other than a daughter) was something to kick my feet up on. He surprised me with a rocking chair-just what I wanted! What a sweet hubby I have.
Since marrying Neil, I now share my birthday with two grandpas. My Grandpa Bowman and his Grandpa Bennion both have my birthday. This year was Grandpa Bennion's 80th birthday, so the whole family celebrated big time for him. All of his grandchildren were invited to join the festivities the following day at Aunt Marcia's home. Neil and I hope we can be as smart, witty, and wise as he is when we turn 80 years old!

2 comments:
Happy Birthday!
Sounds like it was perfect! You have a sweet husband...good luck surviving this week with him gone. Best wishes for the last couple weeks of your pregnancy too!
Do we sound like a broken record yet that we're sad we missed the party?? It was fun to see pictures of the event though. And Neil, you rock for being so creative and thoughtful. Hope your business trip is good...let's play when you get back!
Post a Comment