To be honest, I was a little nervous about going camping in my condition. I have a hard enough time sleeping at night, and was worried I would get stuck in a group tent. However, we brought our air matress up to the cabin and steaked out a spot on the deck. Our friends, Rebecca and Matt Maxfield joined us on the deck with their mummy sleeping bags that looked sufficient for hiking the Himalayas ;) I felt bad for them at about 1:30 AM when Neil was still trying to spark up conversations as they were trying to fall asleep. It was actually quite nice sleeping under the stars with a chilly breeze all night long.
First thing Saturday morning, the Elder's Quorum Presidency made a tasty pancake breakfast. Neil found a lovely apron in the cabin kitchen to sport around all morning. Sometimes I wonder what people in the ward think of us...
I think he is getting a little jealous of my big bellly...
Besides, who wouldn't be jealous of this...?
After breakfast, a group of us headed down the hill to a park with tennis and basketball courts. The ladies watched their husbands play a rousing (and hot) game of dunkball. I thought we might escape the heat, being in the mountains for the weekend, but it still got pretty warm that day. When we got back to the cabin, it was time to eat again!
I shouldn't have been so nervous about camping out for the weekend. I'm used to roughing it in the boonies of Wyoming, but this was a little more luxurious. Neil and I ended up having a great time!
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend. I'm jealous because I've been wanting to go camping forever and Texas sure isn't the place to try with no mountains. Your tummy is getting so cute. I can't believe your 34 weeks already...how exciting! I'm now 29 weeks and 40 feels like it's so far away.
Don't worry, Neil. You can strike up a conversation with us anytime! :)
Post a Comment