My work has brought me to Kalispell, Montana. Although the majority of the days are spent in the conference room of our client, I have really enjoyed my time here. Kalispell is an hour south of the Canadian border and sits at the entrance of Glacier National Park. On Monday, the we drove into the park to see the sites. The camera used to take the pictures (cell phone) doesn't do it justice. I wish I had brought a good one with me. Maybe next time.
We traveled through the West Entrance and up a skinny road that is appropriately called "the Going to the Sun Road." The road took us to Logan's Pass--an incredible view at 6,646 feet along the continental divide.
This view is about half way up the road.

Not very many people can play in the snow in August. The snow here is year round.
We were hoping to see some bears, but unfortunately the thought of having to face me, and my out of shape accounting figure, kept them from showing themselves. We did however see a bunch of other animals. I thought the white goat at the edge of a road was a statue. It never moved.

Overall, I really enjoyed the drive to the top of the world. I highly recommend a family vacation to anyone looking for somewhere to go. Seeing such breath taking creations, it bewilders me to think that anyone can try to tell me that God doesn't exist. I echo the prophet Nephi's words when he said "there is a God, and he hath created all things" (2 Ne. 2:14).
2 comments:
Yay! Neil likes Montana! Isn't it great? I haven't been up in that area since high school! I was going to go up to Kalispel this summer, but it never happened. I'm glad you had fun...and got to play in the never-ending snow! :)
Hi Megan! Its Tara (from Tempe, AZ) I was your VT partner for the summer. I found your blog through an old high school friend. I cant believe you're pregnant, congrats!!! Looks like you guys are doing well. Just wanted to say hi!!!
Post a Comment