Health Catalyst hosted a service day for the entire company. Many of the service projects were coordinated by the company, but we found someone even more special to serve. We spent several hours pulling weeds, trimming shrubs and cleaning out Grandma and Grandpa Bennion's garden. In perfect Grandma-Bennion-style, we were served popcorn and banana smoothies afterwards.
Grace and Kade have been studying piano with Grandma Andersen. Their first recital was in Grandma's living room with Uncle Sam, Aunt Julie, and Uncle Matt in attendance. Grandpa Andersen and Christopher got in on the piano-playing action as well!
Kade participated in his first ever organized sport. He was introduced to T-ball this summer and Neil was his coach. After the season was over when asked if he wanted to play again next year he said, "I don't think baseball is my sport. I think I'm better at football."
After many hours of watering, weeding, and more watering and weeding, we have reaped a wonderful harvest from the garden. We had zucchini and cucumbers coming out of our ears! The kids got such a kick out of going on a "treasure hunt" for fresh produce each day. Christopher often had a handful of cherry tomatoes in his mouth as he toddled around the backyard.
This summer, Neil and I have been working on building a website, www.heartysmarty.com where I can publish nutrition articles and share my recipes. It has been energizing for me to share my education in a creative and helpful way.










No comments:
Post a Comment