Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving and a Baptism

We arrived in Gilbert just in time for Andersen's baptism. He seemed so mature and grown up. I'm really glad our family was able to be with him that day.  Their cousins are such great examples to our children of choosing good things.


 It is sad that we took so few pictures of this trip. We made some fun memories, though. Some highlights were visiting Vineyard Ward for Sunday Church meetings. So many life-long friends are there and many family members. It will always feel like home. Our favorite thing to do is go walking after dinner. We will only make it a couple yards before finding a neighbor to chat with. There's just no place like the Vineyard Ward in all the world.

On Thanksgiving morning, we attended the Annual LeSueur Turkey Trot. A mile into it, Grace and Ashley decided to just walk the rest of the way. Those two are such kindred spirits. It's sad they can't be together more often, but they sure live it up when they are together!

We had so much fun that day. Thanksgiving dinner was at Bate and Amber's house. The boys played football and we went on walks, ate TONS of food, and spent lots of time visiting. After all the company was gone and the children were in bed, Bate, Amber, Neil and I sat down to watch a movie. We were all asleep within 30 minutes. I think we are getting old...

Neil is always so happy when he is with his brothers. I appreciate the close bond they share, and it's a great example for our children. They played ball together, joked together, and had lots of long visits.

I had a lot of fun with my sisters, too. The day after Thanksgiving, we went to lunch together to celebrate Rebecca's birthday. We took turns asking her pre-made questions and had some fun conversations about life-ambitions, motherhood, marriage, school, etc.



No comments: