He worked from home most days except for the few days when my parents were here. Then, Grandpa and Grandma Reichert took over the entertaining. Our Niece, Abby came from Arizona to help for five days. She was the best help playing with kids. We spoiled ourselves and watched the entire series of Anne of Green Gables while she was here.
It has been so fun to get to know our little Christopher. The funnest, though, has been to watch the others interact with him. Kade is especially enamored with his little brother. He keeps asking when Christopher gets to start sleeping in his room with him. Christopher still gags a lot after feedings, so I don't feel comfortable having him in another room yet.
Kade is content to sit and hold his little brother for long stretches of time. I'm sure that will come in handy soon when I start moving around more
I feel like I can totally handle this family of four children. However, I haven't actually had a full day on my own yet. It's nice to ease into this. Neil will go out of town next week, so then the true test begins!
Neil took an entire day off to take the kids to the zoo while I stayed home to rest. It appears they had a blast!
I am guilty of not resting as much as I should when the kids are gone though. As soon as they leave, I think I will fold just one load of laundry while the baby sleeps, and then I will rest. However, it never fails that I get carried away doing chores, and when I finally lay down, Christopher wakes up crying.
We have received so much love and kindness from family and our new neighbors. At least a week's worth of meals have been given us, Mom Andersen came twice to clean my house and then she took Grace and Kade for a sleep over. They hiked City Creek Canyon, collecting colorful leaves along the way. She treated them to yummy meals, pumpkin carving, and lots of crafting. What a dream it is to have Mom and Dad living close to us!












No comments:
Post a Comment