We have a sweet 6-year-old girl now! Instead of a big friend's party this year, we agreed that Grace would get a gift from us. She was really good about not having a big party, however, she did plan exactly what gift she would receive and how we would surprise her with it. It was a pretty cute idea, so I played along.
In the morning, she had to read and follow six different clues on a scavenger hunt to her gift.
Gift number 1 was a total giveaway of her gift, but she was just as thrilled with each one.
A new bike! With a basket!
Later that evening, we did host her Grandpa and Uncles for "cake" and ice cream sandwiches. She asked me before they came over if she could set up paper and pencils so everyone would write something about her. It is an Andersen tradition that we go around the room taking turns saying something nice about the birthday girl/boy. However, we all got so caught up in the BYU football game on TV, that it never happened. I mentioned it to Neil before I went to bed, and he stayed up that night writing these 10 cards, each one with a reason why he loves Grace.They are as follows:
1. I love Grace because she is so obedient and helpful to Mom!!
2. I love Grace because she has perfect curly hair!!
3. I love Grace because she has a beautiful voice.
4. I love Grace because she goes to bed so easily and quietly!!
5. I love Grace because she memorizes the Articles of Faith.
6. I love Grace because she loves her dad so much and always shows it!!
7. I love Grace because she is such a good artist.
8. I love Grace because she gives great hugs!!
9. I love Grace because she is so nice to Kade and Kathryn!!
10. I love Grace because she's mine FOREVER.
It totally made her day! We left them up over the weekend, and now she has them carefully tucked away in a special folder.
Grace's new bike has no training wheels on it. Neil worked with her to get her to ride it. She did okay, but after several falls, she was too scared to keep trying. Something ignited in Kade, however, and he decided he wanted to try HIS bike without training wheels. He took off after a few tries and the rest is history. The last 4 mornings, I have caught him outside before breakfast, riding his bike in his pajamas. Grace now has his old training wheels on her new bike. She will get more confident and be riding without them before too long.
We had some fun company over the weekend. Josh, Chloe and Annabelle were in town for Chloe's cousin's wedding. They stayed with us a couple nights and we had so much fun with them. Kathryn and Annabelle got along well--so long as Chloe wasn't trying to hold Kathryn. They also both really love their Uncle Kaleb!
Kathryn had a good time trying on Josh's boots, Chloe's platforms, and Annabelle's flats.
We all gathered for brunch on Labor Day. Since all Reichert children and Grandchildren were in the same vicinity, we had to seize the opportunity for a photo. What a good looking crew!










2 comments:
Your family is so grown up. I'll bet your parents wish they could have been there!
so impressed at the no training wheels- go kade! Jackson gets too mad at all the falls and asks to have his training wheels back on.
Also loved getting a glimpse inside the new house! Can't wait to see it! looks AMAZING.
Post a Comment