Thursday, August 8, 2013

Summer is FUN

It has been raining here a lot the last week. It reminds us of Arizona monsoons the way the storm rolls in every afternoon, dumps rain and clears within an hour or two. The rain is so fun for us to play in! And, my kids are really in to rainbows lately, so seeing a real one was such a thrill.
I have been asked so sing a couple times this summer for various wards in our stake. Neil has taken over getting the kids ready for Church. One morning, I got home from one such engagement and I found Neil on the deck painting Grace's nails. He did a better job than I do! He's hired!
 Grace and Kade are coming up with some pretty creative ideas lately, too. Grace used these "Bendaroo" sticks to decorate the kitchen. They leave no residue, so I have no problem with it.
For a treat, I bought the kids some Fruit Loops. We decided it would be fun to make necklaces and eat them that way. I forgot how good Fruit Loops taste.
 Neil's  company had a family party at a Salt Lake Bees game. They bought us a catered dinner, spoiled the kids with treats and souvenirs, and of course, tickets to a fun game. It was really hot that day, but we had a blast. Kade was certain he would catch a foul ball, but none ever came our way.
A few times this summer, I have struggled to find engaging activities for the kids to do. Sometimes, I have a list of things to get done, so the kids are on their own. This is typically what happens: they raid the kitchen and trash the house!
 Now, I just have to throw in that I turned 28 this July. It's been another awesome year. I had a baby and only added two wrinkles and a few stretch marks. Not bad.
 The city park has hosted a few fun events this summer. We missed the Pioneer Days Carnival this year, but we did make it to "Summerfest," a cultural event where entertainers and artists come from around the world to perform. The kids got to paint a canvas and eat Italian Ice.




 And here's a plug about my pathetic garden. Remember the days when we used to bottle 40 jars of tomatoes from our garden in Mesa? Those days are no more. The deer graze on all my flowers, strawberries, and ivy, so I wasn't about to plant tomatoes where they could reach them. Thus, we have three pots on our deck which have produced one measly tomato thus far. It's so sad.

No comments: