Another incredible and historic General Conference for our Church took place October 6 and 7 in Salt Lake City. We learned that young men now have the option to serve missions at age 18 and young women at age 19. It has been such a buzz around here ever since. The Lord is speeding up his work by making it possible for even more young missionaries to serve. How exciting!
I attended the Saturday morning session in the Conference center with Bekah and Jesse while Neil listened to the session on the lawn of Temple Square with the kids. He said that while they were sitting there, he was approached by several Church photographers asking if they could take the kids' picture. One photographer spent over 10 minutes posing the kids and taking several still shots and some video. Maybe they will make it in November's Ensign Magazine. How funny!I came away from Conference feeling several things in my life I should start or continue doing. The most important one was listening to impressions and ensuring I never ignore the promptings I receive to do good. If I can only live my life in a way that I can be worthy enough to hear the promptings of the Spirit, President Monson taught that the Lord will give me more and more opportunities to work as an instrument in His hands.


No comments:
Post a Comment