Sunday, September 2, 2012

Gracie Girl Turns Four

Our little girl turned four this week! On the morning of her birthday, I made her pancakes and apple juice-- her favorite. She opened a gift from Aunt Bekah Reichert, a Princess t-shirt from Disneyland, and was so distracted about putting it on that she forgot to finish her breakfast. The rest of the day was pretty busy. I had an ultrasound scheduled for the baby, so she and Kade spent the morning at a friends house while I went to my appointment. It turns out that her little friends threw a little party for her in their basement with M&M's and cookies. We had just enough time when I got back to have lunch and run to her new preschool for an orientation. She met her teacher, classmates, and scoped out a "princess castle" in the backyard that she committed to playing with during every recess. For dinner, I made her favorite: spaghetti with canned green beans and applesauce. We had a family party afterwards with just the four of us.
She got a princess dress, a baby stroller, new sunglasses, fairy wings, and best of all, she found out she gets to have a baby SISTER in January!

She got lots of phone calls from family, wishing her a happy birthday. She kept telling everyone that she got a new baby for her birthday and "I guess it's a girl."
I didn't want to make two separate birthday cakes for each day we celebrated her birthday, so she got banana splits with candles in it during our family party.
Two days later, I put on a friends party for her. We asked everyone to come wearing their favorite princess dress. She got her butterfly birthday cake and had a blast making tiaras, having a dance party, opening presents, and playing with her new toys.
Grace was the "DJ" using the Clavinova for music. She was also the dance instructor.

No comments: