Our children make us so happy and so very proud to be parents. Lately, they have been cracking me up with the funny things they say and do. For instance, Grace has been talking about her birthday coming up ever since her last one was over. "My birthday is coming up in three days," she would say--even though her birthday was months away. Then she adds that she will be eating a butterfly birthday cake at her party. Thus, I found this cute cake that I can make myself on pinterest.com.
Just a few nights ago I showed her the picture. As I was tucking her into bed, she said, "Mom, thank you so much for finding me that butterfly cake. It is SO nice! But... I think I want a Princess cake." I had to laugh. At least she tried to be polite about it.
Kade is getting quite the funny bone himself. One afternoon, I made a snack for the kids of cucumber slices, grapes and cheese. After they had their snacks I started doing something else in the kitchen. I heard Kade giggling to himself and then say, "Mom, lookit... lookit at me!"
I am sure that snapping this picture of him didn't help him learn that it's not funny to play with his food. Oh, dear!
I have been doing a lot of work in the yard lately. The weeds are overgrowing our rock walls lining the perimeter of our house and it has taken every morning for almost two weeks to whip it back into shape. So, the kids have been playing outside a lot. I am impressed at how well they entertain themselves. Last week, they started marching up and down the sidewalk like a band pretending to play instruments. Then, when Grace came to check on me, she saw all the bugs crawling around the weeds I was picking. They started playing "superheroes" and used their rakes and shovels as swords to fight the bad guys. When I asked Grace what her super power was she said, "I am SUPER BUG KILLER!" I save all the people from nasty bugs!"
Even though the yard is still full of weeds, the kids are learning that it is important to their Mom that we work (and play) hard.
Last one. Kade is turning out to be a lot like his Dad in may ways. Every time he finds a hair on the floor in in a brush, he picks it up and exclaims, "EEEWWW!". He is tall, handsome, and loves to play ball--just like Dad. He has also inherited his Dad's infatuation with organizing things. A few mornings ago, I heard him wake up and climb out of his bed. In my sleepy haze, I could hear him doing something in our room. Finally, I woke up and opened my eyes to this:
Aren't these kids just too cute for words? Life is so good to us!
1 comment:
I remember Neil organizing shoes and anything else in the house when he was Kade's age. Super cute picture of Kade junior!
Post a Comment