Obviously, I have already slipped up in my efforts to create sound activites and good structure for my kids. They must have gotten bored while I was working on a project, because they finger painted my bedroom mirror with lotion. At least they were being inventive, though, right? We can count that as a chore and a learning activity for the day...
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Summer is here!
Summer is here in Utah! It feels so good to walk outside first thing in the morning to fresh yet warm air. Our travels don't start until July, so the whole month of June is empty. I have been doing my best to keep the children's minds and bodies busy. What I came up with is to have our own little summer camp at home. We'll start the day with chores and reading scriptures, and then have structured learning and play activities throughout the day.
Obviously, I have already slipped up in my efforts to create sound activites and good structure for my kids. They must have gotten bored while I was working on a project, because they finger painted my bedroom mirror with lotion. At least they were being inventive, though, right? We can count that as a chore and a learning activity for the day...
Thus, the next day we took a trip to Wal-mart to stock up on supplies for having fun at home: new (washable) markers, bubbles, chalk, water toys, balloons, and Otter Pops! Day three of the Andersen Family Summer Camp: here we come!
Obviously, I have already slipped up in my efforts to create sound activites and good structure for my kids. They must have gotten bored while I was working on a project, because they finger painted my bedroom mirror with lotion. At least they were being inventive, though, right? We can count that as a chore and a learning activity for the day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Instead of the lotion :)...sit them at the kitchen table with shaving cream. Sounds crazy but we use it all the time at work - drive trucks through it, add some finger paint...the possibilities are endless (and it will keep them busy for a long time!)
Post a Comment