Cool weather, clear blue skies, green rolling hills, and the smell of lilacs was the scene we woke up to every morning for two weeks while the kids and I visited Wyoming. Neil wasn't able to join us due to work commitments. It was fun, but we learned that two weeks is TOO long to be apart, and flying alone with two young children and all our carry-on bags is TOO hard. Next year, we will plan better so Neil can come too.

We visited the Dayton park almost every day. And we spent one full day at Kendrick Park in Sheridan. It was so fun to play outside in the perfect weather!
The second week we were there was Miss Wyoming pageant week in Sheridan. My mother is still involved with putting on a "Tea Party" for the little girls and the contestants, and this year she got to take Grace with her. Because I was asked to be a judge for the pageant this year, I wasn't invited to join them. Grace came home saying "peen-ya-tah hit! Candy fall down!" Sounds like the pinata was the highlight of the party for her.
When I got home from working with the Miss Wyoming judges, I couldn't help but watch my sweet boy in his crib. Since I have been married and had children, I've never gone out without my husband or kids, so it was hard for me to not feel guilty or displaced while I was away from them. Thus, Kade and Grace looked especially cute when I came home to them.
I spent all day Saturday with the judges. Mom and Dad Reichert watched the kids for me while I was gone. Mom and Grace attended the show. From what I understand, Grace got carsick on the way in and ended up sitting through the show in just her onesie with Grandma's jacket wrapped around her legs. However, she didn't seem to be phased by it, because Mom said that she got a kick out of it, and every time she saw me or my picture on the screen she would stand and shout, "That's MY MOM!"
The show lasted almost three hours, and because Grace had had a hard time traveling into town, she just couldn't stay awake to the very end. The other judges were looking forward to meeting her, and luckily, she woke up just in time to meet them. This is the face my new friends were greeted with.
We enjoyed two Sundays at my hometown "Branch." Seeing all the people who helped raise me up through my childhood was a great reminder of how it takes a "village" to raise a child. All the ladies got a kick out of seeing my pretty babies. The last Sunday of our time in Wyoming, Grandpa Chris Reichert came to visit us.
The second week we were there was Miss Wyoming pageant week in Sheridan. My mother is still involved with putting on a "Tea Party" for the little girls and the contestants, and this year she got to take Grace with her. Because I was asked to be a judge for the pageant this year, I wasn't invited to join them. Grace came home saying "peen-ya-tah hit! Candy fall down!" Sounds like the pinata was the highlight of the party for her.
When I got home from working with the Miss Wyoming judges, I couldn't help but watch my sweet boy in his crib. Since I have been married and had children, I've never gone out without my husband or kids, so it was hard for me to not feel guilty or displaced while I was away from them. Thus, Kade and Grace looked especially cute when I came home to them.
I spent all day Saturday with the judges. Mom and Dad Reichert watched the kids for me while I was gone. Mom and Grace attended the show. From what I understand, Grace got carsick on the way in and ended up sitting through the show in just her onesie with Grandma's jacket wrapped around her legs. However, she didn't seem to be phased by it, because Mom said that she got a kick out of it, and every time she saw me or my picture on the screen she would stand and shout, "That's MY MOM!"
I had a great time getting to know the other judges who hailed from Indiana, California, New York and Idaho. The show was entertaining and fun. It was a treat for me to see how far the Miss Wyoming program has come since I was part of it seven years ago. Two of my dear friends are still on the board, so it was fun to get to meet up with them again too.
We had such a blast in Wyoming. We spent lots of time with Nana Reichert, and my Aunts, Uncles and cousins. The kids consumed lots of sugar and, as usual, got spoiled by their grandparents. However, the last two days of our time in Wyoming seemed to drag on forever. The kids missed their Daddy and I was missing my husband. When we got off the plane in Mesa, Neil was bent on his knees with his arms wide open to greet us. When Grace saw him, she ran to him and couldn't say a word because she was so choked up with tears in her eyes. How glad we are to be together again!
2 comments:
Oh my word! I looove that family picture of you guys! Too cute!
I still feel honored by having a former Miss Wyoming as a friend! we still need to play and we need some gardening advice from you experts!
Post a Comment