Sunday, November 15, 2009

One-fourth of a century ago...

One-fourth of a century ago, Neil Bennion Andersen was born. I'm the lucky one who would later benefit the most from that day.I'm sorry to say that his birthday was nothing like mine was in July. No fun date, a weak birthday present, and no cake. Grace got really sick last weekend, and the night before the big day was a sleepless one. We both took turns sleeping in the rocking chair with her. By morning we were beat, and Grace was no better. Neil went to most of our Church meetings by himself while I stayed at home with our sick baby. I at least made him a nice meal and gave him some pictures for his office to celebrate the day, but it was a pretty lame birthday. Neil, however, had no complaints. He would have rather stayed in, taking care of Grace than anything else. This Friday, I tried to make up for the bad birthday by going on a fun date. I planned a date at a restaurant that turned out to be a very loud bar. Oops. Neil suggested we go to Serranos Mexican Restaurant, and it was so yummy. The night ended with Neilsen's custard and playing games with Neil's family down the street. Also, I rescheduled our cake and ice cream get-together to take place the next day. However, all of our guests ended up getting sick, and (again) we cancelled. Instead, we had a group of friends from the ward over to play games and help us eat cake. It was a fun time.
When all was said and done, I realized I am married to the best man in the world. He is so low-maintenance and easy to please. Neil is the best dad in the world, because he loves Grace so much. I can't wait to watch him as we raise our future family together.
Happy Birthday, Neil. You are the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wah-wah. I also really like the picture of Neil and Grace with the dogs, and Portia looks like she's trying to bring Grace her ball and Grace doesn't know what to do about that. What? Is she really going to throw it? Haha weird dogs. And believe it or not Biancha is climbing on Neil, who taught them that? Miss them too!