
July is certainly the time to take a vacation if you live in Mesa. For the whole month of July, it has been in triple digit temperatures. Grace and I have only been in Mesa for just 5 out of the 21 days so far. On the 9th, we headed up to the cabin in the White Mountains and stayed there for 8 days. Not only was it an escape from the heat, but it was our last chance to spend time with Neil's family before Mom and Dad Andersen, Sam, and Spencer leave for the Carribbean for six years.

We spent lots of time sitting in the rocking chairs on the porch reading books and chatting with family. Mornings and evenings were a great time for running, walking, hiking, and watching wildlife. Neil and I took Sam, Spencer, and their friend Tim Sharp spotlighting late at night to try to see elk. We were more successful at seeing elk inside the ranch than anywhere else in the 10 miles we drove.

One day, we even went on a horse ride. My true Wyoming heritage tried to show through, but I'm not much of a rider, so I had had to ride with the beginners at the front with the guide. It is odd that the small town girl from Wyoming has ridden horses less than her city-slicker husband from Mesa.


We throughly enjoyed the calming influence of the cabin. The mountains are so beautiful and peaceful. What a blessing it is to have access to such a place.
2 comments:
Looks so fun! We just spent four days up in the Big Horns camping at Sibley and it was absolutely wonderful. We hiked Black Mountain and I was so overwhelmed with nature and the beauty of God's creations! Looks like you are having a fun summer. Miss you and love you!
Did I know you had a blog? I love it! Great stories and pictures. You have a wonderful family.
Post a Comment