Graduation was a blessed event! I am now officially a "bachelor." I am grateful for the education I recieved at such a fine institution as Brigham Young University. Some of my very best memories were created at BYU and my life will forever be blessed by the experience I had here.
Along with all the fun, the road was bumpy, and I learned how to work hard and to appreciate continuing education. Thanks to the support of our family, Neil and I left BYU with two bachelor's degrees, a marriage certificate, and a baby. Grandma and Grandpa Bennion were so good to let us live with them during my last semester. It was so nice to wake up in the mornings now and then to see Grandma had made us breakfast and was already planning a meal for dinner. What a great support she was! Neil and I experienced a role reversal this last semester as well. As hard as it was for Neil to stay home and feel unproductive in Grandma's basement, I think he is grateful for the extra time he had with Grace while I was away at school.
I wasn't the only one in the Dietetics program trying to do it all. My class was unique in that we had the most mothers in the history of all BYU Dietetics classes. It was a big help to have classmates who were mothering and studying right along with me. There were seven babies born during our two-year program and two of my colleagues were mothers of two and three before entering the program. I consider myself blessed to have rubbed shoulders with such hard-working women who value motherhood and education.
Anyways, I owe all my success in school to my family who has supported me all along the way. Thanks to all of you who believed in me.
Grandma and Grandpa Bowman came from California, and my parents and Nana came from Wyoming to celebrate graduation with me.
My cousin, Emily, came from Denver, Colorado, Mom and Dad Andersen came from Mesa, AZ, and Bekah stuck around Provo a couple extra days after finals just to be with me. What a support group I have!
3 comments:
Congrats Megan! We still can't believe how you did it. Hope you guys are enjoying AZ. We miss you and can't wait to see you this summer. Clayton & Amber
P.S. Great picture with Grace. We love the "double thumbs up" (as Ty calls it).
congrats! that's wonderful!!! how is arizona! i have found myself regretting that you and i didn't spend more time together when you were here...
Congrats!!! I love the pictures. You've done amazing to finish up with a baby around!
Post a Comment