
We spent Christmas in Arizona this year. After a day in Mesa, we drove up to the White Mountains to go to the cabin the day before Christmas Eve. What should have been just a three or four hour trip turned into an eight hour endeavor because we ran into black ice, blowing snow, and closed roads. Grace did very well in the car, considering she had been on four airplane flights in the last week leading up to this long drive (we had an emergency trip back to Wyoming the week before for a family death). Once we got to the cabin, we had such a great time! The cabin Mom and Dad have built at the Hidden Meadows Ranch is beautiful. We spent lots of time playing in the snow, sledding, eating, decorating a 12 foot Christmas tree, visiting Santa, and playing games. Our favorite times were late in the evenings when all the kids were put down to bed and the adults stayed up, chatting by the fire. We created many precious memories this Christmas.

Our sledding somehow turned into a snowball fight, and Neil's team of nephews against Spencer's team of nephews (probably) won.

.

Santa Claus came to the lodge to give all the children at the Ranch toys for Christmas.
Grace was so grateful for all the blessings she's been given this Chirstmas. She got toys, clothes, and books for Christmas, but most of all, she was grateful to spend the holiday with her family. The older girl cousins formed a line in front of me, constantly asking for a turn to hold Grace. She sure is loved by so many. I caught her saying her prayers on Christmas morning. She had so much to thank Heavenly Father for that she fell asleep talking to Him. What a sweet baby.

2 comments:
Thanks for the pics and the update on everything, My Granddaughter is growing and is even more Precious than thankgiving time. I wish the best for you all. Keep feeding her and get her ready for basketball season. It is comming soon. She is up on the rules. I have that picture up at work.
Love DaD
It looks like you had fun! I was in Pinetop for Christmas! I couldn't believe how much snow there was...it wouldn't stop! :) Have you guys left already? I'm sorry I didn't call last week! The past couple of weeks have been...interesting and very crazy. Anyway, I hope you guys are doing well! Grace is adorable! :)
Post a Comment