Parenthood, school, work, and Church callings have taken over our time the past couple weeks, and we are having so much fun! This is our first week without help from one of our mothers or siblings, and so far so good. However, I felt my heart sink when Mom Reichert left and again when my cousin, brothers, sister, and Mom Andersen took off. They were all such good help while they were here that I think I was disillusioned about my mothering capabilities... Today was the first day of my motherhood initiation. It began at 6 AM (not too bad for only having to wake up once last night to feed Gracie). I fed Gracie and then proceeded to make Neil's lunch for him. Two poopy diapers and a mess of spilled lotion on the bedroom floor later, I finally hopped into the shower. I had just been voicing my frustration with Neil that none of my clothes fit. My maternity clothes are too big and my pre-pregnancy wardrobe is far too small. I can't believe how little I used to be!?! Anyways, I finally found a t-shirt that I could wear, and after changing two more diapers, feeding and burping Gracie (again), she spit up all over my shirt. I just had to laugh, because I was trying so hard to hurry off to school, that I ended up just spinning my wheels. It has been a joy for both of us as we have watched each other become parents. We are by no means good at it yet, but we are sharing a lot of love as we learn. 






8 comments:
You'll always remember your first "real" day of being a mommy! Bet you did great!
LOVE the pictures! What a cute cougar you have...and bunny!!
I love the BYU onesie with the Wyo booties. Good compromise. :) She just keeps getting cuter and cuter. I miss you guys!
Thanks for the update! I can stop bugging you for awhile now. :)
She is soo cute! I need to come see you guys soon! I'm still getting over a cold, so I want to wait until I'm nice and healthy!
ah! she is so adorable! i am sure i have plenty of fun adventures in store for me just as you seem to be having! i want to come over and meet your little Gracie!
How adorable she is!! She has such beautiful dark hair! I am so sure you will be the best mother to her! :)
Wow, neil let Gracie wear the wyoming socks, during a byu game no less?? wow! i guess they had no effect on the game though. i can't wait to see you guys again!!!
All I have to say is congrats Megan! I love the blog, and LOVE the pictures of little Gracie! What a doll. She is the cutest cougar I've ever seen. -A
She is soo CUTE. Being a student and a Mom to a newborn is like 2 full time jobs. Its amazing anyone can do it. Good luck on both. And GO BYU!!
Post a Comment