Thursday, March 31, 2016

March 2016

 The second weekend in March was our first performance of "Lamb of God" at the Bountiful Regional Center. I had some special experiences as I performed with the choir. The music really captures feelings and emotions that Christ and his disciples were feeling during the last week of His ministry. A perfect way to prepare for the Easter Season. 
Did I mention I won TWO Deluxe Annual Passes to Disneyland in Health Catalyst's Fitness Challenge? Well, I did. And they are awesome. We decided we will take each of our children on their birthdays. Kade had the first turn in mid-March. We tried to hit it at a time when the Spring Break crowd wasn't too overwhelming.
Cars Land was a hit and Radiator Springs Racers was among his favorite rides. Surprisingly, he liked California Screamin' the very best. I can't believe what a thrill-seeker he is!
It was so fun to give Kade all the attention for two whole days. 

Here we are, about to Enter Radiator Springs. We were only able to do this ride once. Normally the ride is a minimum of 60 minute wait, but we got on with a fast pass.
We ate Mexican food both nights--Kade's favorite.


Kade got a little squished on all the jerks and turns on the Indiana Jones ride. He still loved it, though.
Kade and I played it safe on Splash Mountain by wearing ponchos on the ride. It was much chillier in Anaheim than we expected, so we were happy to stay dry!
The best thing we did was go home and take a nap after lunch. When we returned to the park, we were all ready for a long, fun night of more rides and shows.

What's a trip to DL without a ride on the Tea Cups, right? We had to go easy on the spinning, though, because Neil was getting nauseous.

Not even the Abominable Snowman could spook this crazy boy on the Matterhorn!

We returned home to happy children in the care of my parents. Neil treated everyone to a BYU basketball game while I went to the Utah Caucus.
With all the fun we were having, we needed to balance it out with some hard work. Neil took the kids to the Church Farm to pick up rocks from the corn fields.

When Kade's birthday actually came, we had a small celebration with just one present--a preserved alligator head Neil purchased while on a business trip to Orlando. Gross.

No comments: