Monday, September 21, 2015

Our children say the funniest things...

Grace says, "Mom. Kissing boys is gross... Unless it's on the cheek... then it's OK. And maybe on the lips too..."  I think someone has been watching too many Disney Princess movies...

Kade keeps clearing his throat, non-stop. This has been going on for several weeks. I took him with me to see "Oklahoma!" at the Hale Center Theater last weekend, and he kept doing it through the whole show. I offered to get him a drink and he said, "Mom, I don't need a drink. My throat just tickles because of the fuzz on the peaches I've been eating."   I think it's just seasonal allergies...

Kade is learning about the Creation of the Earth at school. He came home last week and told me this: "Mom. Guess who the first person on Earth was? Adam.  And guess who the SECOND person was...?  Grandpa Bennion!"

After a rough day of diaper blow-outs (I'm talking so nasty that I threw away the victimized jammies...), behavior issues and discipline, and the usual grind of messes, meals, and melt-downs, Kathryn was sitting at the table eating a bed-time snack. I told her she could have a banana if she promised not to make another mess. After a few bites, she said very matter-of-factly with a mouthful of banana, "Mom, you cwanky today."




No comments: