The week before the wedding, the kids and I spent five days at the cabin with Andrea, Becca, and Shawnne and their kids while our husbands were all working or at Scout Camps. My kids were in Heaven with all the cousins they got to pal around with.
It was so fun to be with my sisters. We stayed up too late every night chatting. Every morning we went walking and we spent the days playing. I helped entertain kids while Becca and Andrea sewed skirts for the girls to wear at the wedding. I taught the youngest ones the words and choreography to "Love and Marriage," so they could perform it at the wedding dinner.
Neil was waiting for us in Mesa when we got home from the cabin. James was too. In fact, James had an amazing dinner of steak fajitas, homemade salsa, guacamole, and strawberry lemonade waiting for us. What an impressive chef he is!
We got to attend Church in the Vineyard ward on Sunday. Whenever we visit, it feels like we never left. The Relief Society even had me give the opening prayer and teased me about being a perfect Mom because of the picture perfect family photo of us published in the Conference Ensign.
The rest of our time leading up to the wedding was spent at Nate and Andrea's playing and swimming. It was the most fun to watch Grace and Ashley interact together. They giggled and sang and danced together all week long.
The night before the wedding, the whole Wilford Andersen family gathered at Mom and Dad's house for dinner with Julie's family. We took a few family photos.
Now, on to the wedding. Sometimes you hear the phrase, "a beautiful June wedding," or "I hope I can be a June Bride." Well those people don't get married in Mesa, Arizona. This wedding was a scorcher, but aside from the heat, it was so beautiful. Sam and Julie are so in love and it was fun to reminisce on the joy of our own wedding day in the very same Temple. Neil and I were both reminded of the promises we made to our Heavenly Father and each other and we ended the day feeling so grateful for our forever family.






.jpg)
.jpg)

1 comment:
You were in Arizona?!
Post a Comment