Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Weekend of Painting and Snowstorms

Our first home improvement has been to paint the interior of our home. Friday night, Neil and I stayed up until 1 AM painting the dining room, kitchen, and living room. The next day, I took the kids all morning and afternoon to run errands, play at the park, and eat lunch so he could do the second coats. We are really pleased with how it looks so far. We chose to replace the intense orange on the walls with a shade called "whole wheat"--very fitting for the dietitian in me.


 Doesn't that look so much better?

This morning we woke up to lots of snow. The kids and Neil had a good time scooping it off the driveway before Church. It is still such a phenomenal thing to the kids. What I love best about it is so long as we shovel it off first thing in the morning, the driveway is totally dry by noon! What Neil loves best about it is shoveling it all by hand while all our neighbors clean theirs in half the time with their snowblowers.


3 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like fun! Sad I can't help paint. Glad you got there safe. Enjoy finally being in your own home. The next pictures we need are of Neil at his desk :)

jenn + michael said...

Your az kids are in snow! I love it. The paint looks great!

Emily said...

I love the paint color! Good call on changing it! :) miss you guys!