Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lagoon Day with Grant Thornton

Even though I could only ride a few select rides, Neil and I had a great time at Lagoon. His company buys tickets for all of their employees each year, and they take half the day off to go play. Neil's co-worker, Brandon, and his wife spent the day riding rides and swimming at Lagoon-a-Beach with us. Luckily, Brandon's wife is also expecting a baby, so she and I got to hang out together while our husbands went on all the roller coasters and water slides that we weren't allowed on. Next year... next year...

Oddly enough, Neil and Brandon always ended up on rides full of girls! They went on Rattle Snake Rapids with a group of Young Women and got soaked. After all the rides, we had a yummy barbeque with all the Grant Thornton Employees.
However, the fun wasn't over yet. Brandon wanted to take his one-year-old daughter on some rides before the day was done, so Neil tagged along on some of the kiddie rides. He and Brandon also got to do some more coasters (once their dinner had settled) before we took off.

2 comments:

mollie said...

Looks like fun! Let us know when you're going to be in Mesa again so we can meet you there and play!

Devin & Ruthann said...

Hi Megan, My husband Devin and I went to school with Neil, and maybe you too. I don't know you, but my husband might...anyway...I found your blog from Tim & Camille's and saw that you're due in like 8 days! That's 2 days after me! It's your first, right? How exciting! You'll love being a mom. It's the greatest! Anyway, good luck with the baby and it's good to see you and Neil and doing so well!