I realize that Father's Day was almost a whole month ago, so I apologize for the late update. It was a pretty low key day for us. I made Neil a hearty breakfast that morning and a decent crock-pot dinner after Church. We invited Rebekah (Megan's sister) to join us for dinner, so she got to be the photographer for this blessed event.
Neil's cousin, Dave Merrill, got married to Nikki Seymour on June 2oth in the Mt. Timpanogos temple in Pleasant Grove, Utah. I got the opportunity to attend their sealing, but I was a lone rider as Neil had to be at work that day. He got to the temple just in time to take pictures with the family after the sealing. He came straight from work, hence the absence of his tie. We are just so happy for Dave and Nikki. They moved into our apartment in College Park last Monday, just after we moved into a new place the same day. They get to be in our ward, so we have enjoyed having family with us at Church again. Looking back, Neil and Dave have been in the same ward for almost their entire lives with just two small breaks during their missions and while Neil and I were in the married ward without him this last school year. How blessed we are to always be surrounded by family!
Neil, Dave, and Kari Olsen after Dave's sealing. These three were roommates together when Neil and I first met.
1 comment:
Hi Megan, I don't think we ever met but I went to school with Neil and wanted to say hi (sorry I didn't go to the wedding dinner, I was LARGE with child and VERY uncomfortable)! Congrats on the baby, I'm sure you'll be much better at this motherhood stuff than I am! My only advice is to go with the flow and don't take everybody's advice!
I was thinking about you guys because I just found the shirt Neil and I wore to some silly dance in high school that we went to together. We didn't even hang out all day because he had a tournament or something, then we switched dates that night, it was awesome! Anyway, say hi to Neil for me and if you guys see Dave let him know I still wear the SWEET MCC shirt he gave me a few years ago. I'm so happy to see him all googly eyed in love and married!!!! You guys are all way too cute!
Post a Comment